Sunday, August 4, 2013

Garden

Oh how we have enjoyed our garden this year.  There is nothing like a fresh garden tomato with salt and pepper, or crisp green beans fresh from the garden.  The flavor is just amazing!

 Garden2  

This week I pulled a few onions, gathered a basket of tomatoes and a bunch of cilantro added a little garlic, jalapeños … and simmered a batch of salsa.   Seeing the pints sitting on the counter after the hot water bath just made me gleek at the thought of having them in my pantry.  There is just something about growing your own food.

Garden3!

This week I want to can some marinara sauce.   If my cucumbers would ever take off, I could can some pickles with my pretty dill, but by the time I have enough cucumbers all of my dill will probably be dead.  :( 

No comments: