Thursday, August 15, 2013

5K

The big girls ran a 5K this summer.  When Kaylee finished I could tell she was upset.  Hundreds ran in the 5K and this was Rebecca’s first time running it.  Rebecca begged Kaylee to stay with her, which she did.  When they reached the last stretch on the highway Kaylee told her all she had to do was go straight now.  They decided to part ways and Kaylee ran for it to make up for lost time.

She ended up with 2nd place.  I told her that 2nd place means a lot more than any of her other 1st places because she helped her sister.  It also helped pace Rebecca and keep her going so that she was able to take 4th place.  I think she was so worried about getting lost in the people that she ran faster to try and keep Kaylee in sight.

5K

I thought Rebecca’s medal was cool.

5KRun 5KRun2

Some of my high school friends run in this 5K.  I have decided that I need to get my body a moving and run in it next year.  Ashley has already informed me that she is doing it.  :)

1 comment:

momMYsliceoflife said...

It is so sweet that she stayed with her sister! And I'm totally impressed that they can run a 5k. I WISH I could run the block. ;)