Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Reunion

We finished off the hike day by doing crafts, playing games, watching movies, and of course visiting.

The house was huge with lots of bedrooms, some with bunkbeds.  We enjoyed the deck because of the view of Bear Lake.

Reunion9

ReunionReunion2Reunion3Reunion4

Meals are a big part of the reunion.  Someone plans the meals and then we are all assigned different meals to prepare and clean up.  The food is always SO good!  I think it’s because we play hard and are always hungry.  A favorite this year was Brenda’s peach cobbler with homemade ice cream to top it.  I think we should have given popsicles to the kids and saved it ALL for the adults!

Reunion27

Reunion28

Reunion29

In the evening we played tether ball and did a paper lantern.  Let me just say that Grandma Brenda is a fierce tether ball player!

Reunion5Reunion6Reunion7

The twenty some grandkids were divided into groups.  It was funny that we all picked shirts to do for our craft.  I had 12 and older and we did spray paint shirts.  Jacob’s was AMAZING!  I know I have a picture somewhere of him in it.  It was a storm trooper that he meticulously cut out of tape before he sprayed.

My little girls were in a group that tie dyed.  The very youngest group Shauna Ann made these really cute fire handprint shirts with handprint bears to represent Bear Lake.  I was sad I didn’t have a little one to be in that group, and even more sad that I don’t have a picture of them!

Reunion10Reunion11

Reunion12

Grandpa Don was always singing and rocking the babies.

Reunion13Reunion15

We had a beautiful rainbow that evening.  Also, that night Rebecca wanted her hair braided to be curly for the next day.  All of the uncles were teasing her, so afterwards she decided to do a little hair magic on them.  I think ALL of their wives secretly liked the mini ponytail hairstyles.

Reunion16Reunion17

Ping pong was always going in the basement.  My boys have gotten pretty good and had so much fun playing against their uncles.

Reunion19Reunion20

Reunion21

Loved the quote on the wall in the basement, “Time with your Family is Time Well Spent”

Reunion23Reunion25Reunion26

Off to bed we headed to get ready for the Lake the next day.  Stephen and I snuck off with Lael and a couple others for a midnight run for raspberry shakes.

No comments: