Monday, August 24, 2015

Back 2 School

Summer came and went. 

We grudgingly headed back to school last Thursday.  Kaylee is in high school and gets to attend seminary.  Jacob is a senior and thinks he is all that!  Ashley is in fourth grade, but thinks that she is a senior.  Jerrica finally has an incredible teacher after the rough year with last year’s teacher.  Rebecca is missing her Kaylee there in middle school.  AND Nathan is so into his high school soccer season that he probably can’t even tell you what classes he is taking.

B2SB2S3B2S4B2S7B2S11B2S9B2S13B2S14B2S16B2S17B2S18B2S21

B2S2B2S3BrothersB2S5B2S7B2S8B2S11

Quick pic of everyone at 6:30 AM before the older ones leave for school.  It was a beautiful sunrise behind me that they are looking into.  I reminded them that they are LUCKY to start school and see these sunrises every day now!

B2S13

We had our traditional back to school dinner and FHE.  We decided to have UP be the theme of the year.  I found a cute poem which helped make that decision.  It talks about Get UP, Dress UP, Look UP, Listen UP, Stay UP …  It was just fun getting the kids excited about the new year and all of the potential they have therein!

bACk Dinner

I am excited to have the kids at school so that I’m not running them around all over town.  However, I sure miss the laughter, snuggles, and chatting that comes with having the kids home. 

Brothers2

Even these two, that can be just as giggly as girls!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shauna, Always inspired by your family time and lessons together. Do you mind sharing the link to that poem you mentioned? thanks, Susannah

Elita@Busy Needle Quilting said...

Hiya! I've come across your blog via the 50 Best Party Games for Kids (yours being the Boat Race) and had a look around. You have such beautiful children! What a blessing. I have 3 myself, with my eldest a girl already in her second year at university. It does go by so quickly so I try to treasure every moment, as I'm sure you do as well. Keep smiling!!