Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Elitches

Stephen came home one night with eight tickets to Elitches.  We decided that we wanted to do one last hurrah before school started.  However, I looked at the calendar filled to the brim and thought that there is no way we would be able to go because of our schedule.  I was so determined to make it work though because we don’t have much time left with ALL of our kids together.

I decided that we would leave after high school and club scrimmages on Saturday.  UGHH soccer!!!  That would mean we would get up to Denver at 1:00.  It doesn’t close until 10:00 so I figured we would have plenty of time .

The day before I was talking with the little girls asking them if they were excited to go.  Jerrica said, “Is this all the way in Denver”.  I told her it was and then she said, “Why do we have to go all the way to Denver for burritos?”  Ashley and I smiled at each other as we explained where exactly it was that we were going.  I think it’s funny how we assume everyone in the family knows what we are talking about, but that usually isn’t the case.  After she realized we would be doing rides and not eating burritos, she was super excited.

Elitch6Elitch7Elitch8

We actually started out on the water side.  I love this next series of photos of the little girls…

Elitch9Elitch10Elitch11Elitch12Elitch13Elitch14Elitch15

We pretty much stayed together, except for the Minderaser ride.  A little too scary for ME!  The little girls were sweet to stay with me and do other rides.  I’m sure it didn’t scare them!

Elitch19Elitch20Elitch21

One of the girls pointed out the mirrors that the workers use and of course I thought it was a great idea to get selfies of ourselves.

Elitch18

Elitch44

The old rickety roller coaster is STILL just that!

Elitch22Elitch23Elitch24Elitch25

I don’t know why we thought it would be a good idea to get wet, even though we knew we were going to be there well into the evening.

Elitch26Elitch27Elitch28Elitch29Elitch30

Love how Rebecca pushed Stephen into the waterfall part…

Elitch31Elitch32

Ashley LOVED the swings!  We did them over and over while the kids were on the Minderaser.  The later in the day that it got, the lack of lines there were.  We would get off of these rides and go climb right back on.

ElitchAA

Elitch33

My cute lifeguard posing by a sign that he thinks should be law…

Elitch34

The little girls begged their brothers to do the tiny roller coaster.  They of course consented and made those little girls feel like they were the queens of the coaster.

Elitch2Elitch3Elitch4Elitch5

Elitch35Elitch39

Night was our favorite.  I was a little worried about the crazzies around, but I actually didn’t see any but my own.  In fact there really weren’t any people, so rides were AWESOME without any lines!  I’m guessing since it was so hot during the day that most people did the water side, were tired, and then headed home.

At any rate, we kept going strong.  That meant piggyback rides by the three older siblings.  I tried to get Stephen to carry me to no avail.

Elitch40

This was a favorite at night along with the ferris wheel to see all of the lights around Denver.

Elitch43

It truly was the perfect day! 

I savored every minute with this sweet family of mine.  SOOO grateful that we fit this into our weekend!

ElitchDD

We kept doing this ride over and over as the older ones did Minderaser.  As we were standing in line at the swings Ashley told me that we need more days at Elitches, more days of eating cotton candy, more days of swinging, more days pretending to fly, …. and I couldn’t help but think of how I need MORE days with these kids that are growing up so quickly.

Thank you for the incredible day Stephen!!!

No comments: