Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Bits of Last Week

Phones are always held close, too close for my liking.  I can’t believe how much communication goes on, to soooo many from that little device.  Growing up we had a party line that we shared with THREE other families.  The chances of me talking with friends on the phone was non-existent.  I had to go to my friend’s houses to talk to them!

Phone

Nathan’s TCA team of friends won the top high school division in indoor.  They were such a fun team to watch in indoor because of their fancy footwork.  I might add that they were the only team that had a couple of girls on their team as well.  The rest were all boy teams.  They are now proud owners of these yellow t-shirts.

Champions

The big girls had a fun day at the Air Force Academy basketball game with their teammates.  Rebecca’s coach’s fiancé coaches the girls team (did you follow that?).   After the game we headed up to Janelle’s shower.  SO excited for that baby to get here!

AFGameAFGame2

Ashley had an indoor recess and they played dominos.  We are now finding it quite the past time to set up elaborate domino patterns to knock down thanks to Ashley.

Dominos4Dominos5

The big girls are busy with their middle school basketball teams.  The 8th graders have only lost one game and the 7th graders have NOT won a game yet.  LOVE watching my girls on the court!  Kaylee’s 8th grade team have team dinners every Friday night with little devotionals.  Such a sweet team of girls!

I took the little girls to Annie.  Ashley sang out loud to each of the songs.  That girl is going to be on Broadway someday!

Annie

The frost has been beautiful in the forest.  I don’t enjoy driving on the icy roads but sure enjoy looking at the frosty trees.  Another perk of the icy roads is Stephen working from home.

Frost

Ash has been crafting away.  She actually finished the scarf but I haven’t gotten a picture of it yet.  She is now ready to make a dress on her little loom!  We shall see how that goes!

ScarfScarf2

Ashley and Nathan made a line of five snowmen across our driveway so that no one could get out or get in.  Here is a pic of them in the process.  They used all of the snow that had drifted in the ditch bank.  I had to drive over to the neighbor’s driveway to get out.  When I got home that night the five snowmen were there to greet me.  Ashley had us drive around them for days.

Snowmen

Last week we also took in a Blizzards game with the three soccer kids. 

Ashley decorated her bedroom and had a fancy tea party set up for the family.  That girl loves to throw a party.  The older kids like all of the treats we buy for the tea parties, so they are always game to attend!

Tea PArty

Yesterday some of the kids had friend things in the morning.  That afternoon we took all of the family to Blackforest park for a little soccer game.  It is fun how competitive we are and how much we laugh as we are playing.  I might add that MY team won.  It was a beautiful afternoon.

Juggling2I think that sums up all of last week.  I’m determined to stay on top of these posts.  I hate playing catch up and back posting!

No comments: