Monday, November 7, 2011

Randomness

I took a look at the calendar for Saturday and had some serious anxiety.

Calendar

This is the family calendar that everyone writes on when they have an upcoming event.  We had SIX games, a swim meet, dance rehearsal and a Fall social.  It was WAYYY busy, but I enjoyed every second of it.  I love watching my kids.  I love seeing how much they enjoy their activities.  I love how different each of them are. 

Our apple witches shrunk and DID get scary by the end of October. 

Shrunken apple

A few weeks ago,  I cut out a couple of silhouette haunted houses for the little girls to draw characters in the windows and doors.  I smiled when I saw Ashley’s in by the Polly Pockets’ houses.  It WAS the haunted house as they were playing.  There dialogue was cute as they were opening and shutting doors scaring the Polly Pockets that would visit.

I’m going to miss Ashley’s Halloween drawings and her “BOO!”s that she has been making non-stop.  I guess it’s turkey drawing time now.

Haunted House

Last week  Jerrica and I pulled out the Thanksgiving decorations.  It’s Fall decor, but I save it for November to have something new after Halloween.  I decided to buy a few Fall flowers for a bouquet.  The flowers were half off and I couldn’t resist the pretty colors.  I really enjoy flower arranging.  There is just something about how each little sprig adds to the finished bouquet.

Flowers

One more bit of randomness.  We had a lesson Sunday on “Being Comfortable, being Uncomfortable”.  I keep thinking about what he said.  The guest speaker spoke about when we are upset or uncomfortable about a situation, we immediately try to remedy it and try to get back into our comfort zone.  However because we are trying to jump out of the  “uncomfortable” as fast as we can, we fail to listen to another or learn from the experience because we are too busy trying to make it “right” again.  It’s OK to be uncomfortable.  Relax, listen and learn. 

I always get my mouth going or an email flying to rectify something.  I know I need to be patient a little longer.  I need to listen a little bit more than I do.  I need to show a little more love, even though I’m uncomfortable.  It is then that I will grow and BE comfortable.

All of that probably doesn’t make sense because I can’t express myself. AND all of it can be taken out of context, BUT it makes sense to me  and I want to remember it THUS I include it here on my blog!  :)

5 comments:

Teachinfourth said...

That apple witch is awesome...at first glance I thought it was a cookie and I was thinking that it was simply amazing.

Not quite as delicious as a cookie, but impressive nonetheless!

tren said...

I don't know how you even begin to handle that schedule! :O

That's an interesting way of looking at being uncomfortable...as long as we don't dismiss our discomfort when it is a prompting to leave a bad situation.

Miriam said...

Thank you for your comments on being uncomfortable. I have a lot to learn in that area, too. I will try stop and listen more. Thanks.

Katherirnemarie said...

Wow! That is one crazy calendar! I adore your apple project.... :) :)

Controlling My Chaos said...

The apple witch is adorable. I remember doing that very same project as a kid, and it was so much fun. Your calendar square for Saturday gives me hives. You must have been exhausted.