Sunday, December 14, 2008

Music and Basketball




The girls have been practicing their Christmas songs for weeks now in their little angelic voices. I really enjoyed the first graders sing "All I want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth" They looked so cute up there missing their teeth and whistling as they were singing.


We also took the four older kids, along with the Madsen's and Spillane's to a retirement home to play their Christmas songs for them. Jacob sounds incredible! He memorized "Jesus Man Desiring". Nathan played "Carol of the Bells". I think I can hear it ringing in my ears as I type this as much as he plays it!!!!!






Jacob, Nathan, Kaylee, and Rebecca have all just finished winter basketball. They each have improved in so many ways. I'm so proud of their shooting form and hustling. It was fun for the girls to play on the same teams with their cousins. I'm just getting sad that the cousins are moving!!! Stephen and I sure enjoy Saturday games. It's tricky coordinating all the games and times with friend birthday parties mixed in. Anyway, the medals have been passed out and games are over until February.

HAIR!!!! I really don't want to add this because it makes me sad, BUT I do need to document it. Wednesday night I had Young Women's as usual. You would think that I would be recieving blessings for doing my calling with all of the time that I put into it ... NOOO I sure didn't on this past Wednesday. First off, we went caroling and somehow a rock was flipped up and cracked my windshield. Then, I get this call from Stephen to forewarn me about Ashley's hair. Let me mention first that Ashley gets LOTS of compliments on her hair. It is very thick and goes all the way down her back. Well, let's just say she's a little on the mullett side now. She cut off her side braid and then a big chunk behind her ear. Thanks to the thickness we are doing long hair pull overs like the bald men do. And then of course the cute knit hats with flowers and bows that once again give her a lot of attention. My mom called asking her about her hair, she immediately said, "Yeah, I cut my hair and mom says that I'm ugly" I will post a picture of her this week.


No comments: