Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Parties and More Games

This week the kids had their last week of school and their Christmas parties. Can I say that was a nightmare in itself trying to keep track of what each one needed and making sure the teacher's gifts were all set to go. Kaylee had to take 2lbs of uncooked rice for a snowman project, Nathan 1 pound of hard candy .... It was just so many random things. One room mom left a message of something to bring to one of the parties and didn't leave the grade or teacher's name on the message. I thought "how on earth am I supposed to know who needs what and when" I think keeping track of all these kids is making me crazy!!! At any rate the parties were fun. Both Stephen and I were able to go to them. It is so nice to have him work from home so that he can go into the school for their various parties and activities.
I thought that basketball games were over, BUT I was wrong! Kellie, Kristy and I decided to take our girls to the Pinecreek HS girls basketball game this week. A lady that we play with, Lori, has a daughter that plays on the team. The girls were excited to go and all of us moms had fun visiting and watching the game. Kellie's daughter, Hannah, leaned over during the game and said, "You know my mom used to play down there on the court." It's just fun to take your kids to sports or activities that you love. I just hope that one of my six has a love for basketball like I do!!!




Then Mr. Stephen had tickets to the CC Tigers Hockey game, but got sick last minute so I took them instead. I had a blast on my date with the boys. I asked them if they were going to take their dates as they got older to hockey games. Nathan quickly replied that he wasn't because it's too expensive. He is just going to take them to the Dollar Theater. I'm sure that's going to go over well with the girls. Nathan has always been so tight with his money. He always has the most money of our kids as well!!!

One last music note, the kids had their recital this week. I forgot to take my camera though. They played very well and are excited for a holiday break from the piano. Stephen and I also went on a date this week to go and hear some of my young women sing in their high school choir at Pinecreek. They were sooo incredible. I couldn't believe how fun the accapello groups were and how beautiful the harmonies were in the large group choirs. We had a fun night listening to the songs and also seeing a few old friends!!!

Another fun event this week was a lunch over at Kim's house. She had picked up some delicious salads from Mimi's Cafe. We also are doing another family this year, so all of us divided up needs and wants a family in need. We are going to meet at Jamica's this week to do our late night drop off.


No comments: