Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Preparations


One night this week we made ornaments with the kids (Kristy's kids too) The girls made bead snowflakes, which were a NIGHTMARE!!! Then the boys and Makayla made these cute hedgehog pinecones that we tied jute on so that we could hang them on the tree. The three year olds did pom pom candycanes and I think they had more glue on themselves than on the candycanes. The kids always beg to do projects, but in the middle of them I sure wonder why!!! Hands down though the hedgehogs were the easiest and turned out the cutest!!

My sister Kristy was determined to find something to put money in for the kids' stockings. As kids, my mom would always stick in this cardboard candycane thing that had slits for quarters. We called banks, thought of making some and then found this cute reindeer holder out in blogland, http://www.mylittlemochi.typepad.com/ . We whipped out 12 in an hour one night. We had fun laughing because it was so late. And can I just say I LOVE whoever invented the glue gun, that sure makes crafting FASTER!!!


It seems like every winter we have plenty of snow days where school is canceled. The kids of course are thrilled - Shauna not so much. It just kind of throws the entire day off because I was not planning on having the kids home. I schedule and have things for the kids to do on planned days, but these unexpected days just mess the whole schedule up. Anyway, this week we had a snow day, AND since we are in December I actually had a few projects to keep them busy. The girls made paper chain count downs and the boys dipped chocolate covered pretzel sticks. I think Nathan ate more than he made!!!


No comments: