Monday, January 12, 2009

TIME

A few people have been asking to see another picture of the bag up close.  Here is another link to a different post with one of the bags.  HERE

The girls would spend hours on Webkinz and the boys would spend hours on the Wii or PS2 if I would let them. Yet if they were working on homework or cleaning, every minute seems like an hour to them. I think we are all the same way though. Hours just fly when I'm playing sports, working in the garden, dinking around on the computer, ...... However, if I'm doing laundry and cleaning the house it seems like time just goes so slow. So I guess I can't blame the kids, I'm just like them.

My mom would always make lists and then check them off. Stephen always has his notebook by his laptop that has his list of to do's. I love sneaking and adding to his list with tasks like "Kiss Shauna"

I love the quote, "You give your life to that which you give your time" by Theordore Roosevelt. It is sooo true. There are just so many minutes here and there that can be productive instead of wasted. I'm trying really hard this year to watch my time and schedule so that it is filled with good things.

By the way, this is how I spent my afternoons last week. I made little scripture bags for each of my girls and then did two more for nieces. The reward for me was on Sunday when Jerrica kept smiling and walking around with her bag. She would take a few steps and then look inside the bag. All of the girls were so excited and little did they know, they were getting in the habit of always taking their scriptures to church each week.

7 comments:

tren said...

I love those bags, Shauna. They are so cute!

Sarah said...

Those are so darling! What a cute idea! I am once again totally impressed: )

jae said...

Those bags are great!! I can't wait until you send mine!! :)

Angie said...

Those bags are so adorable! What a great project! I love what you said about "Time", after reading your post I feel like I want to be better at how I spend my time too. Thanks Shauna!

I miss you too!

jeanie said...

Hi, I love these bags, did you have a pattern for them?

Kim and Dallas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim and Dallas said...

I am totally loving these bags and I would love to make one. Do you have a pattern?