Thursday, January 5, 2017

Take a Chance

I went to the post office to mail a package to Jacob down in Mexico. The post office is also a little country store in Blackforest. The woman ahead of me was busy picking lottery tickets. She bought $50 in tickets! After she walked out the door I started talking to the mail lady about all that money wasted in tickets.

She replied, “Maybe she feels like she has a chance in winning, everyone takes a chance”

I then handed her my package and started filling out the customs sheet. She quickly told me that she needed to make me aware that the majority of packages do not make it to their destinations in Mexico. I let her know that I was aware of the postal situation there and it was fine. I didn’t have anything valuable in the package. After a few minutes she totaled my postage and let me know that it would be $30.

She then added, “Are you sure you want to spend $30, knowing that it won’t make it’s destination?”

I let her know, “I’m going to take the chance because if it does, this package will be a fun surprise for my son”

Package2

We then both laughed at how people spend their money and take chances in different ways. As I walked out, I thought of how I had rolled my eyes at that woman for wasting $50 and am sure she would have rolled her eyes at me for paying shipping on a package that won’t even make it. YET, it’s that hope and faith our money was well spent on what we desired. Maybe she will have a million dollars in her bank account next week and maybe I will have a son with a million dollar smile from his treats sent from home.

No comments: