Monday, January 30, 2017

Random

I like mixing a lot of different things all into one post so that I can remember them all and not have to make a bunch of entries. I finally finished all of the kids picture books from 2016 just in time to get Jacob’s out to him for Valentine’s Day. I am so grateful to Claudia for always taking packages to Mexico for me! I smiled as I got everything together to send. Only missionaries would be getting candy along with meal packets to make dinners. I actually think that Jacob gets more excited for these seasoning packets than the treats so that he has something to make dinner with. I also found super cheesy, but funny Book of Mormon Valentine's cards that we stuck in a felt heart. Hoping that this will put a big smile on his face!

Missionary Package

Our old white van officially rolled over 300,000 miles. We may have had a little celebration over this and all the kids are now praying that it will make 400,000 miles. I can’t even begin to tell you what a great van this has been. Toyota knows how to make them! We haven’t ever really had to take it in to a mechanic to fix anything either.

Miles

I did frown that since Thursday we have already added another 400 miles to it.

I started reading this book….

51Kod9SIyhL._SX324_BO1,204,203,200_

and proceeded to FINISH reading this book because I couldn’t put it down. My girls all downed it and then Stephen listened to it as he commuted and everyone loved it. Really a good one!

We have been pushing goals this month in FHE and any chance that we get to talk with the kids. I have tried showing different methods to set goals and our fridge has been plastered with quotes on achieving.

Goals

Basketball is still in full swing. Last week we had eight basketball games and four indoor soccer. I’m going to be sad when this season of life is over. Jerrica played with the top soccer team for an indoor game. She scored four points and they won 5-1. The coach asked me after the game, “now why don’t we have her on our team”. Jerrica has a really cute basketball coach that will take up an entire post in and of itself.

JerraBball

She is SO competitive that I get a kick out of seeing her eyes get so big and intense.

I was going to add some favorite recipes that we have been eating a lot of lately, but need to organize and fancify them first. Kaylee also has this sweet mom from her team that makes the most amazing treats for the girls. She just shared recipes on Saturday so I will mix those in to.

One last quick thought that I totally believe…

b8f34a638558a3dc4065b5e001836fdf

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi. So great to see everyone again. Are you still using blurb for your books?
I'd love to know how you manage all your photos all year and get that done for all 6?
Amazing and lovely. Thanks for sharing.