Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Christ Countdown

I have always loved a good countdown, especially at Christmas time.  I can remember making the red and green paper chains as a child.  We have quite a few countdowns – LINK

This year my sister Alesha called me up and told me about a countdown she had put together.  It sounded perfect for the season.  She had found youtube video clips (nothing over 2 mins) and scriptures to represent Christ’s life.  She also had plenty of ideas for treats and pictures to go along with the countdown.

Countdown

I immediately was all into doing this!  I thought it would be fun to put on the kids’ pillow each night so that they could use it as part of their nightly scripture study.  The kids’ LOVE youtube so the videos were a plus!

Countdown2

Some of them contain challenges to do such as “texting five people that you love them”, or “make someone smile today”…

The treats range from a candy cane, to a bag of goldfish for the “Fisher of Men”, to a loaf of bread for the miracles day.  Speaking of which is tomorrow, so I need to get baking or head over to Kneaders.

Countdown4

The church has a slew of pictures that can be downloaded and printed for personal use.  I had fun finding pictures that would match some of the days. 

I feel that if I’m feeding my kids visually, physically, and making them actually DO things that they will learn.  They will be fed and find the true meaning of Christmas.

Countdown3

Thanks for the countdown Alesha!  Our home has been filled with wonderful conversations of Christ.

37 comments:

Mamma Lent said...

Is there any chance you have yours to share?

Unknown said...

@Mamma Lent email me and I will send you a copy - mymixofsix@hotmail.com

Erin Ropelato said...

I'd love a copy too erinropelato@yahoo.com

Thanks so much!

The Hammond Family Blog said...

How about sending another email out? hammondsesha@yahoo.com

The Evans Family said...

Oh I would love a copy too! adilee798@gmail.com Thank you!

Heather said...

Your sister sounds like one wonderful lady

gmckibbe said...

Could I get a copy too please? Katecamille75@gmail.com
Thanks!

Unknown said...

I 'm late reading this post but would love a copy also. gingerschix@gmail.com

quailene said...

May I please get a copy as well? Too late for this year but i would like to get a jumpstart for next year. Thanks! quailene@gmail.com

lisa h said...

would love to have this too....we are trying to find/search for Christ in our daily lives.
thanks!!
bl_12@msn.com

~lisa

amber:) said...

if you are still sending out emails- I would love this countdown :) amberalyse@yahoo.com

The Hammond Family Blog said...

Thank you! !!

Liz said...

If it's not too late, I would love to get this countdown too. lz_bishop@yahoo.ca

The Hillan Family said...

I love your blog and ideas. You are such a fun mom! Would you be able to email me a copy? I would love to do this with my kids! alias.hillan@gmail.com

The Hillan Family said...

Opps, misspelled my email alisa.hillan@gmail.com

Thank you!!

Tonia said...

I would love a copy of this as well. toniabonia@hotmail.com Thank you!!!

holly said...

I'd love a copy too! Thanks for sharing such great ideas. Hbodily@usa.com

Pam said...

If you get a minute at the computer, could I please have a copy of your countdown? I'm planning ahead early for Christmas :) Thanks! steadmanpj@gmail.com

kcardon said...

I'd love your countdown for Christmas, if you have some time! Thx! kimbercardon@gmail.com

The Schultz's said...

I'd also love your countdown elina.schultz@gmail.com.
Did you stop blogging? I haven't seen any new posts since this one.

Unknown said...

I was wondering if you are still giving out the countdown? I sure would love a copy. Thanks so much.

Jill said...

I would love to use this for my activity day girls if you could send me a copy at jillmartin78@gmail.com Thank you!

Unknown said...

Hey-I love your idea for this countdown! Could you please email me a copy! jen.roskelley8@gmail.com
Thanks!!!

linds said...

I love your countdown!! Is there any chance you could email me a copy of it?

lindsayc.stevens@gmail.com

meliscrzy said...

I'm not sure if you are still sharing this but it is a beautiful idea and I would love a copy if possible. Thanks so much!
meliscrzy@yahoo.com

Lisa Flynn said...

If you're still sharing - I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE a copy. :)
ibashopper1@gmail.com

A Super Mom in Training said...

Hope your still checking this because me too me too! Would love a copy! gmcwheeler@gmail.com

A Super Mom in Training said...

Hope your still checking this because me too me too! Would love a copy! gmcwheeler@gmail.com

careyttops or katelyn's kid kitchen said...

Can I get a copy of this? cgmiller98@gmail.com
I love all your ideas and especially feel this is just what my kids need right now. Thanks!

Jill said...

Id love a Copy PLEASE! jillianstoddard@gmail.com

Unknown said...

I would be very pleased to have a copy. Thank you so much for sharing!! thiedefamily1@gmail.com

Wendy said...

Please send me a copy of this. Thank you
passey8@hotmail.com

Vickie said...

I would love a copy of this if it is still available: vknate@yahoo.com. Thank you so much

Anonymous said...

I, too, would love a copy of this if it is still available <3 Thank you!
sillycamille.at.yahoo.dot.com.

Susan said...

Do you have a link to download the themes of the days? or have a copy of this please.

Thank you
Susan Lynch
susanlynch4@gmail.com

Vickie said...

I would love to have a copy for my grand children if this is still available. It sounds like a beautiful opportunity to present children with a chance to enjoy spiritual learning and growth.

Thank you
Vickie
Vknate@yahoo.com

craftylady said...

Hello! I love your countdown idea. Could you send me a copy? If it's still available.
Thank you.
Danielle
dandcodyplus3@gmail.com