Tuesday, July 12, 2011

The Storm

I need to do a big post on our trip to catch up, BUT I had to slip in this one from tonight.

I have a friend that takes amazing landscape and sunset pictures.  Tonight the clouds were gorgeous.  I couldn’t quit staring out the window at them and making the girls come and watch the storm moving in.  There was this one big, fluffy white cloud that was being engulfed by storm clouds.

Storm

I went out to take pictures of the sky, but then a little someone followed me outside to play in the rain.  As I heard her screaming back at the rolling thunder I saw how cute she looked perched on the rock.

Ash Rain2 Ash Rain3 Ash Rain4Ash Rain1 

I came in with two shots of the sky and ten of Ashley.  Even though I love nature, I think I prefer taking pictures of my kiddos!

5 comments:

Nicole S said...

Those pictures are breathtaking! And your daughter looks almost 3D it is so clear and crisp. Would you mind me asking what camera and lens you used? And if I have an older model Canon, do the newer lenses work just as great on the older camera body as a newer camera body? Thanks. You can either respond on this post or email me at lachilena.king@gmail.com
Thanks again!

T.Irwin said...

I love that picture of the clouds! A lot of metaphores are found in that one picture. I love taking pictures of sunsets, sunrises, clouds, mountains, etc....and I finally had to make myself stop.

Of course, when my niece and nephews are around, the camera is full on them most of the time...so I think it would be the same with having kids....it's them you want to remember, not necessarily the clouds, anyway.

Valeri said...

Love it... love the pics and the commentary. You're amazing.

Km said...

That lighting is magical!!!!!!!

Teachinfourth said...

I love that top photo! Seriously, seriously breathtaking.