Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Prayer FHE

This month for FHE we are focusing on prayer. One night after our dinner prayer and then later the family prayer, I just couldn’t take it anymore. I felt like we were going through the motions, saying the same lines, rotating through turns of who is supposed to prayer, and basically just doing it because it was routine. I knew that we definitely needed to study prayer as a family a bit more.

We started out with this video montage of movie prayers and talked about how awkward some of the prayers were because there was no relationship or experience praying, yet how heartfelt and sincere other prayers were.





I had printed up the talk from Elder Richard G Scott, “Using the Supernal Gift of Prayer”, and handed out a copy to everyone on Sunday. I told them to highlight and bring it to FHE the next night. I smiled at Jerrica’s copy because it was all a solid highlighted pink. We had an amazing discussion about this incredible talk that is filled with thoughts and ideas on prayer.

Then the pressure was on Rebecca to end our FHE after having just analyzed prayer, but of course she was all over giving the most beautiful prayer ever! We then had to end with a trip to Auntie Anne's because they have a buy one get one free deal. Pretzels are actually associated with prayer because of the monk that designed them YEARS ago so that the children would remember to fold their arms and pray.

I stuck this on our fridge to help us remember our lesson during the week.



I'm really excited about next week's lesson!


1 comment:

The Allen Family said...

Thank you for all your ideas! I've totally be frustrated with our family prayers too, so I'm definitely using your ideas. Thank you!