Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Expensive Cheap Art

I absolutely LOVE art! There is something about it that moves me, makes me think and feel. I love the messages that are sent through art.

My problem though, is that it is very expensive. I sometimes dread telling Stephen how much I spent on some home decor item. He never sees it as a need such as food. However, I enjoy nice things to look at in our home, and I believe that art brings a spirit into a home.

ANYWAY, I have loved this piece since I first saw it. The painting is by Brian Kershisnik and is called “She Will Find What is Lost”. Here is what Brian said about his artwork….

“If I may ask it of you, I ask that you respect that my intention for this piece was to speak to the most intensely private and intimate kind of supernatural interference, influence, and assistance, whatever your particular experience.  I don’t have to agree with you to believe that whatever your gender, circumstance, or issue, many unseen forces are interested in you, love you, and work to influence matters for your profound benefit.  Most of what we all do is resist it, misinterpret it, or mess it up, but my experience indicates that these unseen efforts persist impossibly.  I thank God for that.”

Art

I love it and can relate to it! There are SO many special people in my life guiding and helping me, some I don’t even see. Not a day goes by without someone influencing and helping me. I am not alone! Each person reaching out to me keeps me smiling, keeps me learning, keeps loving me, and keeps me going.

Art is definitely not cheap. It shouldn’t be either considering  all of the time and creativity that goes into a piece. So to have this expensive art, I cut up my magazines for it. Yes, there are parts of the picture that don’t make it into the frame because it had text on it, but the parts that DO make it into the frame remind me of why I enjoy it so much. Anyway, my Ensign from this month is now cut up and framed AND we are enjoying it!

No comments: