Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Finishing Track

Track is over for my big girls and I need to post all about that.  Actually, I need to post a lot of things.  I am so far behind because life has been crazy busy.

Tonight I want to post about track finishes.  Rebecca was notorious for passing everyone at the end of her 800m.  It was always fun to watch and she would get attention at the following track practice from the coach in front of everyone. 

I love the expression of the “other” runner in these pictures.  This is right at the finish line of a big meet.

IMG_8294aIMG_8296a

I don’t know why but  I love the glare from the girl as Rebecca finishes strong.  I also love that determined expression on my Becca.

Over the weekend in Texas there was another finish that caught my eye.  It was in a relay that was a tight race.  The winner literally dove across the finish line.

Track-Dive

He literally left it all and gave his all on the track.  I can’t imagine how bad that hurt to land after diving like that, but how awesome the feeling of winning!  I’m sure he recovered quickly as they put the gold medal around his neck.

“Finish strong” is what we say to the kids whether it’s track, soccer, basketball, or even just doing homework or piano practicing.  If you have put this much time into whatever you are doing, you might as well finish strong so that you can be proud of your effort!

No comments: