Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Cinco de Mayo

Super fun dinner!  I put Ashley in charge of the décor and she rocked it!

Cinco

We picked up a festive vinyl tablecloth, tissue swag, and then decided on a mini cacti for the place settings.  I’m going to need to make a big succulent garden with all of them now.  I have a feeling though that some of the kids won’t relinquish “their” cacti.

Ash made cute place cards for each person with a different picture on each.  LOTS of time was spent on the detail and then I didn’t even get a pic. 

After Ash finished her part and was out the door for an activity, Jerrica came and helped with the dinner.  We made fajitas with lots of add ons.  The poor girl grated cheese, sliced olives, cut peppers and helped get everything on the table. They were REALLY delicious!  So much so that we had to keep trying bites.

All of the kids exclaimed at the fiesta we had going on in the kitchen when they came home.  I then deemed it “speak only Spanish as we eat night”.  The kids have learned quite a bit in school.  Stephen is working on it with his duolingo app and then I try to pretend that I remember every bit from Ecuador.  We were practically fluent.  Nathan even said that he felt he was actually IN Mexico.

We laughed until we cried talking in Spanish and hearing the different accents and conversations bits.  Oh how I love this family of mine!

Cinco2

No comments: