Sunday, December 14, 2014

Bits of December

We went to the annual crèche exhibit.  There are TONS of nativities from everywhere and made out of everything.  The one below is from Brazil and made from Coca Cola cans.

Nativity4

Rebecca liked the hologram one.

Nativity

I thought the painting on this one was so cute, especially the camels.

Nativity2Nativity3

This was a cute one made from Sharpie and wood.

Nativity5

We met the cute Wilcox family there.  Our big girls are the same ages, and the Ryan and Jerrica are as well.  I got such a kick out of them flirting with each other all night.  This picture gives you a glimpse…

Nativity8

Band concert for my flautists.

Kaylee BandRebeccaBand2

Flutes2Band3

Nathan got extra credit in Chemistry if he brought in a “chemistry” related ornament for their tree.  So, with a little help from Google, sisters, and mom he made a cute ornament.  This kid’s sense of humor cracks me up!

Chemisty excredit

Ashley’s Christmas concert ROCKED.  I loved their dance to Rudolph the Red nosed Reindeer.  My Ash definitely has rhythm!

Christmas Concert

I chaperoned a field trip to the Space Discovery Center with Ashley’s third grade class.  The giant ball was awesome as it changed from one planet to the other.  The sun was my favorite though.

EarthMArs

SunSpace Field Trip

Had to get a picture of Ash with her bestie, Chessa.

The big girls went to a fun white elephant gift exchange.  It was sad when they came home.  Rebecca came running in exclaiming that she got the gift everyone was fighting over.  Just as she raised it up to show me, she dropped and broke it!

Gift Exchange

The girls had an ugly Christmas sweater day at school.  Their school is right by BassPro shop.  I told Jacob that he had to make them go in and take a picture with Santa.  Needless to say, with two older brothers driving them, they didn’t have a choice.  The problem was that the Santa made them hold hands in their picture.  By the time they made it home they were mad at me for making them take the picture and SO annoyed that he made them hold hands.  Every time I look at it, I have to laugh.

Ugly Sweaters

The little girls had a better deal.  I took them to Kneader’s for a treat and to see Santa.  Kneader’s treats are divine!

KneadersKneaders2Kneaders3

I am so like When you Give a Mouse a Cookie.  One morning I sat reading the new Ensign and saw a beautiful picture of Christ.  Of course I had to make an ornament out of it for our Christ tree and let the laundry wait until I was done.  I get so easily sidetracked!

Ornament

Ashley had Roman day and made a cool mosaic eye.  She shared a lot with us about the colors that were used during that time period. 

She also had to do an animal book report and puppet to go with it.  For some reason a toucan came to her mind and we had to figure out a puppet for it, which was no easy task!  DO NOT choose a toucan unless you have an Ashley to walk you through making a puppet for it!

Roman DayToucan

I am thrilled that our Christmas RS dinner and program are over.  It was a beautiful night, but so much work.  I have thoroughly enjoyed all of the other little Christmas parties that I have been to and others have worked to put together.  This really is such a fun time of year with everyone giving and parties every time you turn around.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

hi! You've got a post from January 2012 about a using time wisely FHE. the link just goes to lds.org. Do you by chance have a direct link to the FHE you are talking about? Thanks!