Sunday, December 7, 2014

Ashley’s Birthday

Ashley is very opinionated and was determined to have a fashion like Project Runway party.  I kept trying to change her mind because I had no idea how to do a party like what she wanted.  However, I couldn’t convince her and we had an extravaganza!

Ash Bday2Ash Bday

Invite

We started out by playing Pictionary with clothing terms until everyone arrived.  Then I gave them each a sketchbook and we had a little contest to see who could design the best dress.  Of course we had to have fancy jewel pens to draw with.

Project Runway15Project Runway16

Then we divided into groups of three with a mom or helper for each group.  I gave them each a box that had all they needed to create a masterpiece.  I had bought old Prom dresses from the Arc.  The boxes had glittery gold, silver or red duct tape, along with tin foil and plastic tablecloths.

Project Runway

Each group was sent to a different part of the house so that they couldn’t steal each other’s ideas.

After a while I gathered everyone to the kitchen for a fancy little lunch.  We had croissant  sandwiches, raspberries, chips, veggie tray, and juice.

I then gave them a few more minutes to finish up their designer gowns.  Then we had a fashion show.  I was amazed at what they came with!  I wish that I had pictures of the before.  I let them cut and tape away on the dresses.

Project Runway7Project Runway8Project Runway9Project Runway10

I loved the gold boots that Ashley’s team came up with.  My favorite however was the blue dress.  It started out as a very long sleeveless dress.  They hemmed and lined it with silver tape, and then made a cute cover with the length of the dress.  It was cute!

Project Runway12

Project Runway14

The girls then each played a little game to chose fancy little prom pursed that I had picked up from the Arc as well.  They were each so unique and fancy.  We used them as the goody bags to put in gum, their sketch books, pen, and ring pop.

images

We ended the night with our family at Red Robin.  Ash was all smiles when they came to sing to us.

RedRobinRedRobin2

When we got home the big girls wanted to make one last creation on her with the extra black table cloth.  I was quite impressed!

Project Runway2Project Runway4Project Runway5

Ashley LOVES fashion.  She has a notebook FILLED with drawings of outfits that she has drawn.  Her favorite gifts were the bling necklace from Chessa, and then fancy cheetah jacket along with the shiny sweatshirt from me.

AshBlingAshley

Ashley has the kindest heart and is ALWAYS so quick with compliments and expressions of love.  She is a dancer and actress.  We so enjoy watching her perform with her poses and stage smile.  She is also an incredible singer.  Many teachers and friends of Ashley’s constantly tell me that she can sing!

We so love you Ash!  SOOOO grateful to have you in our family!

No comments: