Sunday, July 14, 2013

Girls Camp

I work with the women in our church, however the Bishop called me into his office a couple of months ago asking if I would go to girls camp with the young women.  Girls camp is always awesome, especially the fact that Kaylee was old enough to go this year.

Camp15

We had 27 girls from our Ward, with a total of 214 from the Stake.  Can you imagine feeding that many people three meals a day!?!?  My friend did just that!  The food was amazing with snacks in the afternoon and divine desserts before bed.  One day I went to talk with her and she was rolling and cutting out 270 sugar cookies for mini fruit pizzas. 

The girls were up by 6 and then lights out at 11 each day.  It made for long days.

The girls did hikes, certifications, destiny challenges, solo times, crafts, archery, Holy Woman Challenge, minute to win it games, lot of service projects, skits, played the amazing race, games, secret sister gifts each day and devotionals.  The week was FILLED!

Camp3 Camp6Camp7  

Camp12

Camp13 Camp14 Camp18 Camp21

The good ol cup songs and Andy I Over were a couple of our Wards favorite free time activities.

 Camp23 Camp24

Of course there were plenty of little pranks, and then plenty of sweet acts of service.  The girls heart attacked my sleeping bag one afternoon.  It made me smile, but one of the notes really made me think.  The note read, “We love to play Follow the Leader, when YOU are the Leader”  I thought of how all of my words and actions are constantly watched.  Then I started thinking deeper of what it means to follow my leader, Jesus Christ, of how I want to imitate and become like Him.

Anyway, super fun week with the girls.  I’m sad now after forming friendships with these girls that I don’t work in Young Women’s!  :(

No comments: