Sunday, July 21, 2013

Family Dance

We just got home from the celebrations down at my parents’.  One night they had a huge family dance for everyone in Sanford.  It was so cute watching boys ask Jerrica to dance and her big eyes and bright smile.  Ashley was another story.  She was quick to take the boys’ arms and twirl herself around on the country dances.  She would whisk the boys all over the dance floor.

She told one boy, “you are a fast dancer”.  He replied, “I think YOU are a fast dancer”.  She then told him, “I’m only a fast dancer so that I can keep up with you”.  :)

I smiled hearing all of the conversations that were had out there on the dance floor.  I went from, “you girls need to talk and find out things about the person you are dancing with” to thinking it would be better if my girls just danced and didn’t talk!

LOVE family dances and how they learn.  I noticed in Rebecca’s journal today how she went on and on about how good her dad is at country dancing and how much she enjoyed dancing with him at the family dance.  :)

No comments: