Monday, June 22, 2015

Elder Holland

All of the youth were lucky to be part of a fireside in May.  Only youth were invited.  They had to read previous talks from Elder Holland, fast and pray for him “to speak to them”.  It was an amazing experience for my kids.  They came home with the spirit burning inside of them.  I was surprised at how different each of their comments were on the evening.  Different stories and quotes stood out to each of them.

The overall theme I guess was “One is a Multitude”  One person can make a difference.  He related stories, read examples from the scriptures and shared the quote, “If you’re the only one, that’s tough.  But stand up, one can be a multitude”  I have seen this concept during my life, how one person can cause change.  I hope my kids remember this and that they can Be the ONE!

He also shared some other quotes that I copied from the kids’ notebooks.

“The future belongs to those that show up for it”

“You are an example to those around you, whether you like it or not.  Will it be a good or bad example?”

Image result for elder holland

Nathan talked about what a powerful speaker he was, “with a voice that could be fierce to that of a whisper”.  He told me that at the end as they sang the closing song.  One girl stood up, and then everyone was standing and singing.  Truly, one can be a multitude.

What a special night for my kids!

The World Cup right now has a hashtag, #Bethedifference.  I just love this theme that the kids are hearing over and over from different places.  I so want them to be strong and willing to stand up and make a difference in this life.  They can’t sit by the sidelines, they must get in the game and make a difference.

So my mixture of quotes to them is “Be the ONE that makes the difference”

Oh how I love messages that make you think and reflect on your life and what you can do.

No comments: