Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Fall Break

We had Fall break a couple weeks back.  It was tricky fighting for family time with all the friend time, but we managed somehow to make it all work.

We hiked Castle Canyon and the colors were gorgeous!!!

Castle CanyonCastle Canyon1Castle Canyon2Castle Canyon6Castle Canyon7Castle Canyon9Castle Canyon11Castle Canyon10Castle Canyon12Castle Canyon13Castle Canyon16

Castle Canyon17Castle Canyon18Castle Canyon4Castle Canyon21Castle Canyon22

The girls did Fall masterpieces with chalk in our driveway….

Chalk

The big girls had made freezer meals in young women’s at church.  They asked if they could make some for our family.  OF COURSE!!!  I smiled at how Jerrica labeled the lasagna pan… “lusonyu”

Freezer

We went ice skating and then for a treat.  Jerrica was looking a bit stripey.

Ice Skating3Ice Skating4Ice Skating5Ice Skating6Ice Skating8Ice Skating10Ice Skating11

Kaylee had cute friends with her that are both so tall they had to squat down for a picture with her.  That poor girl of mine needs to grow!

We all went and saw this movie…

We LOVED it!  I feel like Alexander on so many days!

Rebecca had a fun shopping afternoon with a friend.  She came home with all of these great deals.  Haunted Mines was frequented by my kids and their friends.  I hate how expensive it is! 

Some of the kids had fun sleepovers and parties.  I made the three older kids each text me a picture one night of who they were with and what they were doing.  I had to somewhat blackmail them to make them do it.  SO fun though to have those pictures!

We did a beautiful 500 piece Fall puzzle.  Jerrica was my biggest helper.  I loved the expression on her face of satisfaction each time a piece was put in.

Puzzle

I mentioned how I made the older ones text me pictures.  I also snuck pictures when I would go and pick up kids.  Here is Nathan and his friend at City Rock.  They had a blast, but wore themselves out for soccer practice later that day.

Rockclimbing

One of my favorite days was a picnic lunch at the park.  I told the kids that I was getting Chik fil A and if they wanted any, they would have to come on a picnic with me.  The food made all SIX pile in the car.  We were lazy on that big quilt as we soaked in the beautiful weather.  It was one of those moments that I had all six kids around me laughing.  I don’t want them to grow up!

Picnic

Such a fun Fall Break!!!

No comments: