Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Jerrica is in Basketball

Jerrica has been begging us to sign her up for a sport.  She has also let us know that she wants ALL of the family to come and watch her games.  We signed her up for Y basketball.

As I was driving her down to the first practice she asked me if they all get to pick a team name.  (She has all of these older siblings and knows the drill).  I assured her that they probably would pick a name.  She then told me that she wanted to be the “butterflies”.

Insert problem- when we show up I notice there are NINE boys and then Jerrica.  I immediately talk to the coach to see if I signed her up in the coed division.  I knew that I put her up a year with the first graders but didn’t remember there being a gender differentiation of teams.   He assured me that she was on that right team.  They were a coed team but very few girls were on the teams.

Needless to say, when she suggested “butterflies” for the team name she was out voted.  Her team is the “mountain lions”.

JBBal2      JerraBbal7l JerraBball

Just loving her form on her shots!  AND I love the little expression in the last photo as she waits to see if it’s going to roll in.JerraJerrac

She rocked her last game with two baskets and lots of rebounds.  I think she has learned that those that rebound, then get to dribble and shoot the ball.  So excited to have a little basketball girl!

No comments: