Sunday, October 19, 2008

Fall Break


























What a fun and busy fall break!!! Nathan had just finished reading "The City of Ember". So Stephen and I took the boys to the new movie that just came out. This was Nathan's first movie that he had read the book before hand. I really enjoyed the book. The movie was pretty good, it actually followed the book pretty well.

Other fun events were ice skating at Sertick Ice Arena, basketball at the YMCA. a sewing class for the girls at Joann's, Halloween party, the boys also went to "Journey to the Center of the Earth"with their dad, hiking Mt. Cutler with the Webbs, then a beautiful horseback ride in Blackforest with Aunt Tanya.


I have to go back to the Halloween party for a minute. Each of the girls invited six friends. The boys set up a haunted tunnel in the basement. We did crafts and then I searched the internet for fun Halloween treats for lunch. We ate a watermelon brain, bone breadsticks, apple and almond sliver mouths, spider cupcakes, and mummy pizzas. We played pumpkin bowling and toilet paper mummy wrapping relays. The girls had a ball with the friends, and the boys loved scaring them.





2 comments:

Angie said...

I loved all the goodies you made for the party and games. You're so fun and creative!

To answer your question about when I blog...I try to update it every weekend, but sometimes if I have something that I can't wait to post, I won't wait until the weekend. But let's face it I have one little angel and you have six.

I'm already proud of you for already doing another post. what a fun Halloween Party!

tren said...

How cute the food is! I want to do something like that on Halloween night. There's always so much candy and no "real" food around, it seems.
My kids had all of last week of for fall break and we didn't get to do anything fun. What a bummer! Sounds like you all had some good times, though.