Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference

So I have the conference packets made, the treats, games, bribes, you name it, and did I hear conference??? Not really!!!! I loved some of the quotes and stories, but to be honest it felt like sacrament meeting, trying to keep kids quiet and listening. I feel like when the kids are grown and I'm finally able to listen, I will probably be deaf!

I loved the quote from Sister Dalton, "It doesn't matter if you are willing to win, if you are not willing to prepare." That preparation gets me every time!

I did enjoy the talk from the Women's Conference by President Deiter Uchtdorf.


He said, "The desire to create is one of the deepest yearnings of the human soul. No matter our talents, education, backgrounds, or abilities, we each have an inherent wish to create something that did not exist before.
Everyone can create. You don’t need money, position, or influence in order to create something of substance or beauty.
Creation brings deep satisfaction and fulfillment. We develop ourselves and others when we take unorganized matter into our hands and mold it into something of beauty...
Isn’t it remarkable to think that your very spirits are fashioned by an endlessly creative and eternally compassionate God? Think about it—your spirit body is a masterpiece, created with a beauty, function, and capacity beyond imagination.
If you are a mother, you participate with God in His work of creation—not only by providing physical bodies for your children but also by teaching and nurturing them. If you are not a mother now, the creative talents you develop will prepare you for that day, in this life or the next."

This just made me feel valued for allllll of my constant projects that I am "creating". It is just such a constant battle trying to find time to do everything and making sure that I am spending time on the "Best Part" I have always loved the quote by Theodore Roosevelt "You give your life to that which you give your time". How true!!!

On a side note, all of the four older kids learned ALL the names of the apostles!!! YEAH!!!!!!

3 comments:

tren said...

Looks like you figured out the background thing! Thanks so much for e-mailing those conference packets for the kids. Tom printed them out and the kids actually watched conference and did their little pages.

Becki Madsen said...

I hear ya Shauna! Heard bits and pieces of it. I guess we will be blessed for our effort, right! Your blog looks GREAT!

Angie said...

I enjoyed looking at your blog! Great work Shauna! Now just keep it up. :) Your "mix of six" are adorable!

It was fun playing volleyball with you lastnight. Hopefully it works out that we can both keep going. :)

Oh by the way, I'm impressed with your gardening skills. Now I know who I can ask all my garden questions to.