Monday, June 2, 2014

Toothpaste and Pictures

One of my favorite tips that I learned years ago was the toothpaste trick.

Whenever you want to hang a picture you put a dab of toothpaste on the frame where it will hang on the nail.  Then you take the frame and press it against the wall where you want it.  When you pull it away from the wall you will have the perfect dot to hammer your nail into.

Our loft is an open TV area.  We made it into a bit of an art museum that we change up each year when school lets out …

Art5

We also hung artwork on some of the other smaller walls in the loft.  The bookcases have ceramic and pottery masterpieces.  There is quite a wide variety of pieces.

Art2 Art3   Art6

I am thrilled to see how much my children enjoy and appreciate art.  There is just something about expressing your creativity in different ways!

1 comment:

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

I like the gallery idea. Thanks for the toothpaste tip :)