Monday, June 25, 2012

Random

Here is a great Link  on how to make the bubble wands.  I would suggest a cotton rope instead of a nylon cord or string.  The cotton absorbs the bubble solution and makes the bubbles easier to make.

 

Bubbles

I’m sure there are plenty of other links on youtube that could help you make one.  This is just a link that looked similar to how we made ours. 

Next is a super yummy recipe that we made for lunch today and LOVED!  I picked up a rotisserie chicken and used half the meat for the BBQ chicken part and then had the rest for my dinner recipe.  It’s basically a summer salad recipe that has a Texas caviar on top of it.  DELICIOUS!  And, especially fun because some of it came out of our own garden.  The recipe and picture are from I Heart Naptime.   HERE is the recipe link.

BBQ chicken salad

I do a summer basket each year on the last day of school.  It is FILLED with activities and supplies for the kids in the summer.  I wish the picture could show what I had down in the bucket this year. 

Summer Basket

Anyway, I had the marble water balloons in there to make big bouncy balls.  The girls saw the bag in there today and immediately remembered making them a couple of summers ago.  They are basically mini water balloons that are scrunched in another balloon that has its top cut off.   It’s fun to stuff them in the outer layer balloons.  The more balloons the thicker they are.  We only used three balloons per ball.  At any rate, the girls proceeded to entertain themselves for an hour today.  They have had so much fun bouncing them off walls and on the floors all day.

 Ball Ball2

One more recipe that we are LOVING this summer.  I really wanted to take a picture on Friday, but was too busy to get one.  It’s Steve’s grilled pizza.  He uses his pizza crust recipe and grills it a little bit, brings it in to smother on his sauce and top with tons of different toppings.  It is just sooo good!  There is something about that crust and grilled veggies.  Here is a picture of a grilled pizza from www.thekitchn.com

Anyway, hope that answers a few questions and gives you a few random ideas and recipes.  :)

3 comments:

Km said...

Awesome summery fun! That salad looks heavenly!

Adam and Jess said...

I love checking out your blog. I'm a complete stranger but either heard of your from pinterest or another friend or something. I have three kids and have LOVED the ideas you give for unity and creativity. I don't quite know how you do it all, but hope as mine get older (my youngest is only one) I'm able to do all of this and I'm an active person myself. Anyways, I don't quite get how your bouncing balls work. Do you just stuff them in one another or do you blow the first one up or what? My blog is private, but if you get a chance I'd love to hear how they work. My email address is jessica.driggs.nelson@gmail.com. I have all the ingredients to do the huge bubbles and was glad there was a tutorial on how to make the wand. Thanks

Unknown said...

You fill the first balloon with just a bit of water to make it the desired size and then just stretch other balloons over it.