Thursday, June 21, 2012

Giant Bubbles

I like to have stuff on hand to keep the kids busy in the summer.  It may be having all of the ingredients on hand for a summer drink or treat, craft supplies, a puzzle or game laid out, plenty of books from the library…. it just makes it easier to keep the kids busy if you have the supplies.

One of the things I like to keep full is the bucket with bubble solution.  Just by keeping it there on the step, the kids see it, friends see it, and the next thing you know bubbles are blowing in the wind.

Bubbles

Bubbles2

Bubbles3

Here is how we make our bubble solution…

Giant Bubbles

Let me just say they are mesmerizing to watch…

  Bubbles3 Bubbles4 Bubbles5

You can make long strings of them, or close off the bubble wand sticks making individual bubbles.  They are SOOO fun!

6 comments:

Controlling My Chaos said...

Whoa Nelly! Those are some ginormous bubbles. I'm going to have to give this a try. You are amazing.

Jess said...

Did you make the bubble wand yourself? I need one of those. And may I comment on the irony of your son wearing a Bazooka shirt in one of the first pictures. LOL

garrynkim said...

how about directions for the giant wand? Is it just dowels and rope? They look so pretty and fun.

Teachinfourth said...

Okay, now THOSE a cool. I really need to get some glycerin, too.

T.Irwin said...

I love their facial expressions!!! Such great shots!!!!

Kali said...

This is great!! Can't wait to try it...I also would like to know, How did you make the giant wand? Thanks for sharing!