Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Plan FHE

I want the kids to start planning what they want to accomplish and do this summer, SO I pulled out a talk that I gave when I was the Young Women’s President.  I dusted it off and used it on my kids…

Plan

I pulled out our blueprints for our house.  I told the kids that I KNEW the plan was important but didn’t realize how VERY important it was.  Every subcontractor, builder, and inspector would use these plans.  It was the picture of the final product we were tying to achieve.  Any dispute or problem was resolved by looking at “the Plan”.

I talked to the kids about all of the different subcontractors that worked on the house.  We then discussed all of the tools that were used from a little tiny screwdriver for plumbing to a huge, giant crane for the trusses.

When we were all finished, how exciting to see our picture that we drew standing in real life.  How proud we were!

I then talked to the kids about how they can plan ANYTHING and achieve it.  We talked how important it is to write down and plan out.  Then we can refer to “our plan”.  We also discussed the people that could help us with our goals and some of the tools that we could use.  I love hearing the kids answers.  When we were talking about people helping us, Nathan piped in that a coach could and Jerrica piped up that a grandma could help.  :)

I did tell them that many are willing to help in the blueprint of our lives, whether we want their help or not.  We must be careful in whom we select to help.  Just as I wouldn’t want a choreographer doing my plumbing, they need to be careful in who they trust and use to build their goals.

I then went into depth about the foundation of our house.  How deep and thick the cement is.  How it had to be tarred.  You can’t just start building, you have to start with a strong foundation to build on.  Plan the base of your goal and work up.

I then gave them a little blueprint paper to write some of their goals for the summer on.  I LOVE seeing the light in their eyes as they get excited about their goals and all they can accomplish.  Now to set a few goals for myself.  ;)

4 comments:

Teddy said...

I can't tell you enough how inspiring you are. I use your FHE all the time and I am so grateful that you are so willing to share your talents. Thanks for your wonderful ideas!!

Jamy said...

GENIUS! I love this!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, THANK YOU for sharing this! I found you on Sugardoodle.net, and this little post has saved my young women's lesson today. I have been so stuck, not sure how to teach the plan of salvation to Beehives, and this post was truly an answer to my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, THANK YOU for sharing this! I found you on Sugardoodle.net, and this little post has saved my young women's lesson today. I have been so stuck, not sure how to teach the plan of salvation to Beehives, and this post was truly an answer to my prayers.