Sunday, April 22, 2012

My Book

My sister IS really amazing.  She made this incredible book filled with sweet notes from people in my life.

 The book2

She took 40 words and had notes that fit under the word.  There is a page that says “Daughter” with notes from my mom and dad, “Wife” with a note from Stephen,  “Sister” with notes from my siblings, “In-law” with notes from Stephen’s sisters and parents, “Missionary” with notes from companions, “Basketball Player” with notes from my basketball group… you get the picture.  It’s just amazing that she was able to get in contact with so many different people without me knowing.

 The book3 The book4 The Book

Alesha had notes from people that I have had callings in church with, roommates from college, and even blogger notes that she had taken out of some of the comments section on my blog.  SOO, maybe some of you are actually IN my book.  :) She had cute pictures and graphics for each section.  The “Blogger” section had My Mix of Six header across the top and the “Roommates” section had old notes that a past roommate, Missy had saved from me. 

The “Friend” section made my cry with all of the memories that were filled in the letters.  How am I so lucky to have such incredible friends?!?!

I cried as I read the book.  I felt like I really do know a lot of people and I really am loved by many.  Thank you Alesha for this treasured keepsake!  You made me feel loved!

6 comments:

lauralee said...

How very special! A true treasure and example.
Did she use blurb?

GreenGirl said...

What a thoughtful gift!

Jani Jo said...

That is THE most thoughtful gift I have heard of! What a wonderful sister and friend:)

Valeri said...

How awesome, Shauna!! You are so deserving of this gift. I wish I could read the book. Looks like you aren't the only creative one in your family!! Way to go, Alesha!

Km said...

That is the most extraordinarily thoughtful and delightful gift!!!!!

Maria Babin said...

Hi Shauna, this was definitely a very well-thought out, thoughtful gift! I did receive your sister's message, but I have been so sick with my pregnancy that I just couldn't. I do have one very precise memory of a scripture you shared with me on our mission that touched me profoundly and that has never left me. I will write it down for you soon when I'm feeling better. Happy (belated) birthday!