Thursday, March 8, 2012

Work FHE

I haven’t shared a FHE on my blog for a while and thought I would share this week’s.  I need to share the “Clues in Scripture Reading” that we did a while ago.  The kids loved it, and keep talking about it.

Anyway, this one is an oldie but goodie.  I needed to talk about a few of our chores and details to some of the jobs that weren’t getting done, (socks not being unscrunched when laundry is brought down and sorted, baseboards being neglected….).  Sooo I pulled this lesson out.

I had one of the kids choose a few of the scriptures from the lesson list to share with the family.  I had another one practice and give the story of the Little Red Hen…

Work

I talked about work and how proud I am of what hard workers they are.  Then I went on to discuss little details of their chores.  I talked of how work makes us happy.  I compared Cinderella with her step sisters, and even talked of those who are unemployed and don’t have work.  Work truly is a blessing!

One of the big kids hid all of the notes for the scavenger hunt.  The last note was found in the van where we all drove for a treat.

Work2

The reminder for the fridge was one of my favorite work quotes that I put on a poster with a little red hen graphic.

Work3

Love that quote and soooo love family home evening.  It’s such a perfect teaching time!  I can already tell a difference since we had the lesson.

13 comments:

Summer Spillane Jordan said...

I love this idea! We just started all our garden work but have one "farm animal" who does NOT like working outdoors. I'm always reminded that I should teach her once more the story of the little red hen :) Thank you for our next FHE lesson!

Anonymous said...

Oh Shauna, if you only knew how many of your lessons have helped my family. Thank you!

Jamie M. said...

Thank you I love this lesson. I read your post about complaining to my hubs the other day and we decided to implement it in our home, wow it has made a huge difference. I think I will use the FHE lesson on Monday, thanks for sharing!!

Spike N Tuna Jones said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing.

Tina

Cindi said...

Thank you for this great idea! I decided to use it for our Family Home Evening- the kids loved it! I am hoping that it will make a difference in the way that my kids look at work. Thank you again!

Natalie said...

Fun ideas! Where did you get the cut outs for the Little Red Hen story?

Melissa Heaton said...

Where did you get the graphic clipart for you cute little quote? Please email me to let me know, I can't find it anywhere and none comparable to one that cute either. missyheaton@gmail.com

Tess said...

I also love this idea! I would also appreciate the cute clipart. Could send me the info?

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and am SOO excited for all of the fun-filled ideas. Thank you for sharing your creativity and opening my mind to help liven up our FHE!! I cannot wait!!

Stacy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lisa said...

I found your cute FHE on Pinterest & was wondering where you got your adorable clipart?

arendje said...

Will you share where you got the cut-outs or where they can be purchased - thank you for the wonderful fhe ideas -

Kayla said...

Also interested in the clipart. Thanks! theblueyonder@Hotmail.com