Thursday, February 2, 2012

Under Way….

February is well under way over here.  Jerrica helped me heart attack all of the kids’ doors.  I was smart this year and saved some of the hearts from last year.  Why haven’t I been doing that?!?!?  I only added a few more here and there and up they went.

Heart Attack

Heart Attack2

Yes, we try to build them up any way we can.  Last year one of the kids was sad when I was taking all of their hearts down and asked if I could leave theirs up all year.  I took them down, but thinking back I SO should have left them up.  Who couldn’t use a little ego boost each day.

The mailboxes have also been filled with treats.  I had to get a nice stock pile for Kaylee to put in the boxes when I leave next week.  It was fun to see the little girls run and check their mailbox first thing in the morning.  Yesterday I put in different socks.  The big girls had the Valentine design knee high socks and were so excited to wear them with their uniform skirts today.  The boys were even excited about “new” white socks because they were in need.

HE   

Somebody asked what I put in the mailboxes.  The dollar section at Target is my friend with socks, lip gloss, pencils, etc.   I also like to put chocolates and treats.  I make Stephen write notes to them, and also put in grandparent Valentine’s that are sent.  The kids make things for each other and put in the mailboxes.  A couple of years ago I made those cute magnetic bookmarks from someone’s blog.  This year I made these bookmarks from HERE.

HEa The heart floating on top of the book looks really cute when the book is closed.  I love homemade!  It puts a little of ME into the gift.  When I was young my mother made each of us a scented sachet for our underwear drawer that had our names on it.  I loved that little red heart looking up at me each time I opened that drawer.

ANYWAY, holidays are FUN! 

3 comments:

cc said...

I am wanting to let you know in all honesty with true compliment that I am blown away with what you seem to accomplish in a day! Your family is truly blessed to have a wife & mother who devotes all her time and energy to providing such a wonderful home and family! Thanks for sharing and inspiring me to try better! I have loved and used many or your ideas. I wish we were neighbors so that I could enjoy your many parties and fun! Thanks for taking the extra time to blog! Your wanna be friend:-) cherie

km said...

What a spectacular tradition!!!!! I love it! You do such a sensational job encouraging your kiddos... you can just see it in their smiles and joy! xoxoxoxo

Starla J. said...

I love the construction paper hearts on the bedroom door idea! I took your idea and did my own spin off from it. I blogged about it and mentioned your post! Check it out here...http://starlajimenez.blogspot.com/2014/02/valentines-week-project.html