Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Random

Just a few random things all wrapped in one post.

We finished our Thanksgiving puzzle.  It was 1,000 pieces, and I believe it was a miracle that not one single piece was missing.  Grandma Jackie would always have a puzzle out because people sit down to work on it and get pulled in.  I sure enjoy any chance I get visiting with my family!  Puzzles are my secret trap during the holidays.

Puzzle

It was all Disney characters.  You can find it HERE.  I’m excited to try a Wasgij for our Christmas puzzle.

I had a hard time taking down our Thankful poster.  Jerrica’s random letters and Ashley’s words and spelling make me smile.  It was good to see what we are thankful for.

Thankful

I ran into the dollar store today and saw a shelf of Nutcrackers.  I grabbed one.  I put it on Rebecca’s pillow along with a note in her Mom and Me journal about her performance.  When she got home from school and found her prize, you would have thought that I had bought her the moon.  BUT no, it was only a dollar.  The joy in her face was priceless though.

Nutcracker

I’m also LOVING our Christmas tree.  It’s gold with white, and filled with 15 different pictures of Christ.  Christ is the real meaning of Christmas, so why not have a Christ tree.

Jerrica did ask if Santa will put presents under a Christ tree.  I think Ashley keeps Jerrica’s head filled with all kinds of things to worry about.

Tree

I took the kids to a Creche Exhibit last Friday night.  There were soooo many different types.  I loved the sweet, peaceful feeling as we walked around all of the tables.  I came home grateful for all of my different sets that I have acquired over the years.  One of my favorites is a miniature silver one that mom gave me last year.  LOVE this poem that I have framed by it…

“It may seem like a small and simple nativity, but it symbolizes the greatest event in the Earth’s history-  Jesus Christ’s birth.  The light that once shone on a manger, still brightens the world from afar.  And listening hearts still hear angels, and wise men still follow a star”    Ellis Rowsey

5 comments:

jaacs said...

I agree!! why NOT have a Christ tree! That is brilliant. And you are such a thoughtful Mom. Seriously, I have half the amount of kids and about a third of your creativity and motivation. You are awesome. Thanks for sharing. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Shauna, you are always such an inspiration!

Beth

angela said...

I love your tree. I've been wanting to pretty up my tree - what a great idea.

Teachinfourth said...

What a cool thing to do...puts CHRISTmas back in perspective, doesn't it?

tren said...

I LOVE your tree, Shauna!