Monday, April 11, 2011

The Forgotten Garden

I LOVED this book!  I enjoyed how the author wove all of the characters into the story, each telling their part of the mystery.  I just couldn't put it down.  I usually read when I'm waiting for kids in carpool or at their practices, BUT this book I couldn't wait until the next carpool, I had to finish it!
image
The cover doesn't look that intriguing, but just inside the cover is quite the story. 
I enjoy thoughts and quotes in books.  After I finish a book I go back to all my corners that I've turned down to jot different quotes down, here are a few from the book that liked... 
  • "The happiest folk are those that are busy, for their minds are starved of time to seek out woe."
  • "You mustn't wait a rescue.  A girl expecting rescue never learns to save herself."
  • "He's got about as much patience as a firecracker on a fire."
  • "You make a life out of what you have, and not what you are missing"
Anyway, check it out here - The Forgotten Garden: A Novel
OR if you have read it, I would love to hear your thoughts....

6 comments:

Stathis Five said...

I just read this book about a month ago. I just thought it was an excellent read. You need to read on the Hotel on the corner of bitter and sweet. It is a sweet read.

VKMyers said...

I guess I'm going to have to read it. I laughed out loud when I read the quote about the firecracker. That is my 5yo son. :o) Thanks for sharing.

km said...

So many books so little time!!! I'm putting it on my list. THANKS for the suggestion!!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVED that book, especially the character of Eliza.

Beth

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

Thanks for the recommendation... I LOVED those quotes, they really got me interested.

The Stump Clan said...

Your recommendation led me to borrow this from the library and I also could not put it down- it was so good! Thanks!