Saturday, March 5, 2011

Still Alice

I'm on a nightly reading frenzy lately.  Thanks to all the emails and comments with recommendations.  Quite a few suggested "the Help" and "These is My Words" I have read those books before and LOVED them.

Thanks to one of you I just finished "Still Alice".
image
I couldn't put it down!  I really learned a lot from the book because it is written from the main character's perspective.  You really get a glimpse into the life of a person that has Alzheimer's Disease. It breaks my heart what they are going through. Yes its sad, but if we don't understand it, how can we help, how can we have empathy?

Read more about the book here - Still Alice

4 comments:

T.Irwin said...

Sounds like a must-read.

lanisue said...

I will have to find it since my dad is sufrfering from this. Thanks

Anonymous said...

I loved "Still Alice". I read it over a year ago and I still think about it. ~Jane

Amy said...

I love "The Help" and "These is my words" you will have to let me borrow this one.