Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Salt + Nail Polish= Flannel Characters

My Grandma Coley loves stories and when Alesha and I were little she would help us make flannel board characters for our stories.  We would gather catalogs and magazines and find people and objects.  Then we would cut them out, paint a little nail polish on the back and shake salt over the wet paint, creating a few rough surfaces so that it can easily adhere to a flannel board.

Flannel Story0

After dragging out all the flannel board stories last week, I decided to do this with my girls.  They LOVED making their own flannel board pieces. Nail polish is always FUN!

BTW here is the link for the face pieces from my last post - Fun Felt.

1 comment:

Mary said...

I cannot wait to try this! My little girls are going to go crazy! (I highlighted this on my blog.)