Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Open It FHE

Last night for FHE I had everyone sit around the table.  I had one of our favorite cakes sitting inside the cake pedestal with the whip cream and hot fudge beside it.  I also had my scriptures sitting next to it.

cakeED

We talked about how yummy the cake is.  We then discussed that we can't just sit there and stare at it to taste how good it is.  We actually have to open the glass pedestal and take a piece out to try.  Then we can eat and enjoy it.  I then made comparisons to the scriptures how we can't just stare at them or listen to others talk of how good they are.  We actually have to open them and read them.  THEN we can feel of the Spirit and learn from what we are reading.

Of course we finished with out little yummy treat and I challenged them to NOT stare, but to open up their scriptures and enjoy them.  Anyway, that was the jest of last night's FHE.

(Can you guess what I just had for breakfast ... I had to take a picture ...)

8 comments:

Mindy said...

Hi! I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your blog! You have the cutest ideas! Thank you for sharing them....

Ryan M. Spillane said...

You are the Best Mom! I love all your FHE ideas. Thank you for sharing them!!

tarryn said...

I love this idea!

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

that looks so yummy! what a great analogy :)

Megan said...

I know this is an old post, but I came across it on pinterest, and it was perfect for us tonight. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Using this tonight. Thanks

Unknown said...

Using this tonight. Thanks

Michelle said...

This will be the perfecting ending to a Prayer, Journal and Scripture night activity with the sisters and kids in the ward. Thank you for sharing!