Monday, August 24, 2009

Organizing!!!

So I have been doing my “spring cleaning” thing this last month, and have been talking to my sister that is OCD about organizing, which is Kristy. She has been wanting to see pictures and so tonight this post is for HER. Well, I guess YOU can see it too!

Here is our mud room -

Mudroom pic

You can’t see very well, so I did a little comment picture of it -

Mudroom pic_edited-1

We have had the pictures and work magnets up for years now. I love that I can clip new jobs onto the magnet and that we can easily rotate them each week. Sometimes when I’m feeling generous,I clip a little reward $ to their work clip. I guess the really “new” additions are the schedule and the folders. The kids are so excited to have their own schedule that they can check as they are grabbing their backpack. I hung each one under their picture and it’s dry erase so that I can change them as needed. I have the days of the week along the top and then two rows. One is for the specials that they have at school like PE and art and then the other row has their after school activities like achievement days or swimming. Rebecca said to me, “Mom I wish that you would have done this last year so that I would have known what shoes to wear”.

My other new thing is the folder shelf under the calendar. Each kid has their own color folder and that’s where they will put and keep school papers like spelling lists or book report assignments. Last year Stephen would HATE to go through “the pile” of ALL the kids papers to find a spelling list.

I was noticing as I was cleaning out the freezer in here that I have the front of the freezer that I can put stuff on. I don’t know what kind of stuff I should put on it, but I’m excited to have noticed that extra space.

I should have taken a picture of the other side of the wall. I labeled each hook in the organizer with our names for our jackets and then labeled each cubby for shoes. Everything else is basketed! Is that a word, I don’t think so because spell check just highlighted it. But I’m going to just pretend that it is a word tonight! All of our art supplies are also now in the cupboard on this wall. I really should’ve taken a picture of the other side too.

My other fun place that I organized was the garage. But once again I should’ve taken more pics. I organized my garden area and Stephen’s tool section. All the camp chairs are in your old trash can that you gave me before you left. It holds them all up perfectly! I also painted over the drywall which made dad mad the last time he came and saw it. He said that I should’ve puttied and textured before I painted it. I also painted the door to match the color of the garage doors. It now does not show little muddy handprints anymore! I LOVE the ball organizer! I think I might get another one for Nathan’s room because he keeps all of his soccer balls up there.

Garage

And as for the backyard’s lawn. Do you remember all of our work here a couple of months ago?

Grass12 It has turned into …

Grass Grass2

Oh there is still so much work and things that I want to do. I’m almost embarrassed to post these pictures because I still see all the work that needs to be done. However, it is always fun to see before and after shots. And I’m sure that someday I will appreciate these photos to show how far we have come.

Anyway, that is some of the projects around here. I have done a few other things in the kids rooms, but I will have to post them in a different post! I sure wish that you were here helping and advising me on all the organizing. You are an incredible organizer Ms. Kristy Ann!!! I sure miss you!!!

3 comments:

Ryan M. Spillane said...

Thank you for posting pictures that was fun to see. I love your backpack area. You did a great job!!!

It was fun to see the yard pictures. I think your yard looks great.
You are super woman! Keeping your house and yard so neat. Plus making sure all your kids have something fun to do! I love you.
Kris

Becki Madsen said...

Will you come and organize my house now?Yours looks GREAT!

T.Irwin said...

Brilliant! the backpack area is awesome and I'm sure it will help keep things organized on most days.